Reliable International Movers for Dubai to Saudi Arabia
How It Works?
Share move details through Website/ WhatsApp / Call
Get free instant quotations for your move
Our consultant helps you book best move package
Track your shipments location and updates online
Popular Cities in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia Moving Guide
- Copy of passport with entry visa page
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Detailed and valued inventory
- packing list
- Purchase receipts for electrical / electronic appliances
- Certificate of insurance, if applicable
- Letter of authorization attested by the Saudi Chamber of Commerce (for government employees, only the seal of the government agency is required)
- Copies of residence permit (Iqama) / Saudi National’s ID (Bataqa)
- Copy of diplomatic ID / passport (diplomats)
- Customs duty and inspection exemption certificate from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (diplomats)
- All incoming shipments are subject to a rigorous full inspection.
- The format for the letter of authorization should be provided by agent to the consignee upon arrival at the destination.
- Items valued over SR 10,000.00 (approximately US$ 3,000.00) are subject to Customs duty and payment assessed on the cost, insurance and freight (CIF) value.
- If purchase receipts for electrical / electronic appliances are unavailable, Customs authorities will assess the goods based on the local value of the items.
- All containerized shipments must be on pallets or in lift vans; otherwise, the seaport authority will impose penalty for improper stowage.
- The owner of the goods must be present in Saudi Arabia at the time of Customs clearance to clear the shipment.
- The importation of prohibited items may be considered a smuggling attempt and may result in immediate confiscation, heavy penalties, fines, and/or imprisonment.
- Diplomats must obtain the duty and inspection exemption certificate from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; otherwise, the shipment will be subject to a physical inspection and duty payment.
- Certificate of title / car registration
- Saudi Arabian Standard Organization (SASO) conformity certificate from the country of origin
- Police clearance / de-registrations from the country of origin
- Proof of ownership (purchase invoice, etc.)
- The Customs duty for cars is approximately 5% based on customs final assessed value.
- Cars must be left-hand drive.
- Only one car can be imported (foreigners).
- Cars older than 5 years are not allowed for import into Saudi Arabia.
- Personal items may not be left inside the car.
- The SASO conformity certificate can be obtained in Saudi Arabia locally.
- SASO may require replacement or conversion to some parts of the car to meet the SASO Standard at owner of the goods’ expense.
- The application for the SASO conformity certificate may be rejected, which may result in the export of the car back to origin of origin at the owner of the goods’ expense.
- Duties are applied as follows:
- Electrical / electronic appliances 5%
- Audiotapes, videotapes, CDs / DVDs 5%
- Furniture 15%
- All similar items manufactured in Saudi Arabia 5-15 %
- Books and used clothing (reasonable quantities are exempt from duty payments)
- The following items are subject to censorship, confiscation, or may result in penalties at the owner of the goods’ expense:
- Exposed film, including prints, slides, etc.
- Records, books, magazines, pictures, photos, other printed matters, etc.
- Personal computers, audio/video CDs, diskettes, USBs, computer hard disks, printers, etc.
- Mobile or cellular phones
- Audio/video VHS/VCR/cassette tapes and phonograph recordings
- Any items that store information
- A penalty will be charged to the consignee for CD’s, VCR tapes and books confiscated after the censorship. (US$ 135.00 each for CD’s and VCR tapes; and US$ 14.00 each for books)
Note: If items subject to censorship are contained in the shipment, Customs Authority will remove them from the container for censorship or review. To reduce the time for clearance, these items must be packed separately for easy access and cartons must be marked clearly on the inventory or be sent by air. The delivery of censored articles may incur additional charges; contact agent for additional information.
- All games of chance (gambling paraphernalia) including chess sets, dice, backgammon and the likes
- Animal skins in commercial quantities
- Weapons and firearms (real or ornamental, antiques, etc.) including guns, ammunition, fireworks, spears, etc. (if imported, the owner of the goods will be subject to investigation that may result in fines and/or prison)
- Military uniforms or military equipment of any kind
- Alcoholic beverages or food products containing alcohol such as vanilla, flavoring extract, cooking wines, etc.
- Books, wine making kits, or other items used in the preparation or manufacture of alcoholic drinks and beverages
- Narcotics and unidentified medicines
- Radio transmitter or communication equipment / devices (including receivers, VHF, Marine / police bands or walkie-talkies)
- Stuffed animals (products of taxidermy), statues, figurines, carving or objects depicting human or animal forms
- Pornographic materials and literature, including fashion magazines with people wearing underwear or swimsuits
- Any foodstuffs containing pork and related pork meat products, etc.
- Any books pertaining to religions other than Islam
Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While MoversZone has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, MoversZone makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.
Moving from Dubai to Saudi Arabia - FAQs
15000+ Happy Customers
Mr. Suresh Mirpuri Says
"Found this Amazing Company when Searching google for our Move and they have a simple pricing structure which is easy to follow and they were keenly priced.
They delivered the cartons in advance and on the day arrived on time and efficiently and carefully packed all our items and on delivery opened everything and reduced our unpacking time by over half. Well done to Ahmed and his team for a delightful experience.
And well down to Movers Zone for their services on this occasion. "
Review Source - Google - https://bit.ly/2YdIsnz
Owner, Galaxy Corner Mobile Phones LLC
Dr. Martin Ross Says
"The entire team was fantastic. They arrived at my apartment on time as promised. Immediately they started to disassemble all my furniture and took great care in wrapping everything.
My furniture was transferred from Al Ain to Dubai, unpacked and reassembled all in a single day. The entire move was finished by 6pm without me having to do anything. Great service!"
Review Source - Google - https://bit.ly/2OkqfA0
Dr. Martin Ross - Physician, Family Physicians / G.P. Doctors | General Practice | Mediclinic Hospital
Mr. John Bright Says
"Simply the best experience in moving. Lived in UAE for over 20 years with many moves and always found it stressful. Not any more. The most professional, organized and knowledgeable movers we have seen who not only ensured everything was packed for the move to keep the items clean and safe, but also had a plan and delivered perfect results. In the evening the family sat relaxed and very happy with no stress and the most smooth move ever. Well done guys and no doubt in recommending and using you again in the future."
Review Source - Google - https://bit.ly/2OkPtOJ
Business Development Director | Proserv Middle East
Mr. Jurgen Ellenbeck Says
"Today I moved with movers zone from 2Br to 3br. The guys packed everything.(lazy me). Including kitchen and white Ware, curtains, etc.
As well connecting in the new place.
Emptying all boxes.
On time, fast, clean, nothing broken.
Great team, great job. I can highly recommend this company.The best experience I ever had in Dubai"
Review Source - Google - https://bit.ly/2OkxZlu
General Manager | Bake n Cake LLC
Our Core Values
MoversZone brings customers and move service providers together to redesign the relocation experience and set new standards in the move market.