Reliable International Movers for Dubai to Malaysia
How It Works?
Share move details through Website/ WhatsApp / Call
Get free instant quotations for your move
Our consultant helps you book best move package
Track your shipments location and updates online
Popular Cities in Malaysia
Malaysia Moving Guide
- Detailed inventory in English, dated and signed by the owner of the goods
- Copy of bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Full contact information of the owner of the goods in Malaysia
- Letter of employment / copy of work permit
- Copy of Malaysian ID (returning citizens)
- List of electrical items
- Diplomatic exemption letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (obtained by the Embassy - diplomats)
- The owner of the goods must be present in the country when the goods are being imported
- All shipments are subject to Customs examination
- ISPM 15 fumigation is required for all wooden packaging materials at origin country prior to import.
- All used household goods and personal effects used and owned by the owner of the goods for more than 6 months may be imported into Malaysia duty free.
- Items less than 6 months old are subject to Customs duties and taxes.
- Some entry ports in Malaysia may require an electrical board permit for all electrical goods.
- The list of electrical items must include the item name, model, make, serial number and year of purchase (not required for port of entry at Port Kelang).
- List of additional items include detailed information for books, VCDs, DVDs, CDs, etc. included in shipment
- The diplomatic letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs takes approximately 7-10 business days to obtain; check with agent regarding requirements to be included in the letter.
- Original passport (1 copy)
- Original registration (1 copy)
- Proof of ownership
- Original insurance policy in country of origin proving use (1 copy)
- Letter from owner of the goods requesting permission to import a motor vehicle
- All motor vehicles imported attract high import duties and taxes.
- All documentation is required a minimum of 7 days prior to arrival of the vessel or 2 days prior to arrival of the flight to avoid incurring additional shipments (excludes diplomats).
- The process can take between 7 - 14 working days for the Ministry to issue the exemption letter.
- The owner of the goods must apply for 1 import permit per vehicle with the Ministry of International Trade and Industry in Kuala Lumpur prior to import.
- The owner of the goods can only import a motor vehicle if approved.
- Import duties where the cost, insurance and freight (CIF) value is less than RM 20,000.00, is approximately 170% - 300% and subject to taxes of approximately 10% - 20%.
- Certificate of vaccination
- Veterinary health certificate
- Import permit
- To apply for an import permit the owner of the goods must provide rabies / vaccination given 2 weeks validity with documentation and a microchip, along with the owner of the goods’ passport and/or Malaysian ID (returning citizens), and their complete address.
- This takes a day and is valid for 30 days.
- West Malaysia and East Malaysia have completely different set of government regulations.
- Please check with destination agent in Malaysia for more specific information.
- All pets arriving after 10:00pm, will be charged for overtime cost at USD 80.00 flat rate
- No food will be provided while in quarantine, please make sure sufficient food is supplied at the quarantine.
- Attach food for the duration of quarantine; otherwise food will be given for a cost.
- Space must be reserved for quarantine in advance of arrival.
- The owner of the goods is allowed to visit the pet(s) at quarantine within office hours and on weekends upon special request to be made in advance.
- Every pet owner is allowed to import their own pets, as long as rabies / vaccination documentation is up to date.
- The veterinary health certificate must be issued 7 days prior to departure and state that the animal has been free from rabies during the preceding 6 months.
- Cats and dogs are subject to quarantine in West Malaysia, if they are imported from Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan or Sweden.
- Cats and dogs are subject to quarantine between 30 and 180 days inEast Malaysia.
- The government State Veterinarian Department will consider house quarantine after 30 days, subject to a formal application and approval during the first week of quarantine.
- Detailed information regarding the transport of animals must be provided to the destination airport prior to departure, including the type and number of pets.
- Liquor, wine and tobacco (a special import permit is required and is difficult to obtain); these items are subject to high import duties and taxes.
- To import alcohol or tobacco a list must be supplied mentioning type of alcohol, quantity in ml or liter, country of origin, purchase value and percent of alcohol.
- The following items may qualify for free import if within the indicated limits:
- Cigarettes (200), tobacco (225 g)
- Alcohol (1 L)
- Books,VCD,DVD, CD, etc. (subject to censorship screening on arrival).
- A screening fee will be charged directly to the owner of the goods.
- Restricted pets include:
- Bull mastiff
- Bull terrier
- Belgian / German shepherds
- To import these pets requires a pedigree certificate and micro-chip.
- The government veterinary officer will inspect owner’s residence prior to approval for import permit.
- Import permit
- Origin certificate
- Photograph of Item
- Valuation report
- Contact the destination agent in Malaysia for further instruction.
- Narcotics (the death penalty is given for drug trafficking)
- Non-branded drugs
- Firearms, gas pistols, electric shock batons, stun guns (and similar weapons), ammunition and explosives (flares incorporating a barrel, etc.)
- Indecent or obscene video cassettes, DVDs, films, books, magazines and other articles
- Flick knives, butterfly knives and certain other offensive weapons, including some martial arts weapons
- Counterfeit currency
- Radio transmitters, walkie-talkies, citizen band radios, cordless telephones, etc. (an import permit is required)
- Meat and poultry; many other animal products; check with agent
- Plants and plant produce including trees and shrubs, potatoes and certain other vegetables, fruit, bulbs and seeds
- Animals and birds, whether alive or dead (egg. stuffed), parts and articles derived from protected species, including furs, skins, ivory, reptile leather and goods made from them
Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While MoversZone has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, MoversZone makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.
Moving from Dubai to Malaysia - FAQs
15000+ Happy Customers
Mr. Suresh Mirpuri Says
"Found this Amazing Company when Searching google for our Move and they have a simple pricing structure which is easy to follow and they were keenly priced.
They delivered the cartons in advance and on the day arrived on time and efficiently and carefully packed all our items and on delivery opened everything and reduced our unpacking time by over half. Well done to Ahmed and his team for a delightful experience.
And well down to Movers Zone for their services on this occasion. "
Review Source - Google - https://bit.ly/2YdIsnz
Owner, Galaxy Corner Mobile Phones LLC
Dr. Martin Ross Says
"The entire team was fantastic. They arrived at my apartment on time as promised. Immediately they started to disassemble all my furniture and took great care in wrapping everything.
My furniture was transferred from Al Ain to Dubai, unpacked and reassembled all in a single day. The entire move was finished by 6pm without me having to do anything. Great service!"
Review Source - Google - https://bit.ly/2OkqfA0
Dr. Martin Ross - Physician, Family Physicians / G.P. Doctors | General Practice | Mediclinic Hospital
Mr. John Bright Says
"Simply the best experience in moving. Lived in UAE for over 20 years with many moves and always found it stressful. Not any more. The most professional, organized and knowledgeable movers we have seen who not only ensured everything was packed for the move to keep the items clean and safe, but also had a plan and delivered perfect results. In the evening the family sat relaxed and very happy with no stress and the most smooth move ever. Well done guys and no doubt in recommending and using you again in the future."
Review Source - Google - https://bit.ly/2OkPtOJ
Business Development Director | Proserv Middle East
Mr. Jurgen Ellenbeck Says
"Today I moved with movers zone from 2Br to 3br. The guys packed everything.(lazy me). Including kitchen and white Ware, curtains, etc.
As well connecting in the new place.
Emptying all boxes.
On time, fast, clean, nothing broken.
Great team, great job. I can highly recommend this company.The best experience I ever had in Dubai"
Review Source - Google - https://bit.ly/2OkxZlu
General Manager | Bake n Cake LLC
Our Core Values
MoversZone brings customers and move service providers together to redesign the relocation experience and set new standards in the move market.