Reliable International Movers for Dubai to India
How It Works?
Share move details through Website/ WhatsApp / Call
Get free instant quotations for your move
Our consultant helps you book best move package
Track your shipments location and updates online
Popular Cities in India
India Moving Guide
- Original passport (copy of Passport duly certified is accepted for diplomats)
- Valued list of articles with date of purchase
- Baggage customs declaration signed by owner of the goods
- Packing list
- List of electronic items
- Authority letters (diplomats / non-diplomats, refer to agents for more information)
- Duty-free exemption certificate issued by diplomatic organization in India
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / sea waybill / copy of air waybill (AWB)
- Original residence permit (foreigners)
- Valid visa / PIO card for foreign nationals / Overseas Citizen of India card
- Employment letter / transfer letter / assignment letters
- The packing list must be stamped by the Consulate / the Embassy for diplomatic shipments.
- The owner of the goods must be present for Customs clearance.
- All shipments are subject to Customs examination unless a diplomatic shipment.
- All containers (except diplomat) are offloaded at the point of entry (POE) / (TOE) and reloaded into vans.
- Foreign nationals must possess a visa valid for 1 year.
- Indian nationals must have lived abroad for at least 2 years preceding transfer to India and intend to reside in India for a period of at least 1 year.
- Owner of the goods must have not must not have visited India for more than 180 days in the preceding 2 years.
- Air shipments must be dispatched from the origin airport within 15 days after the arrival of the owner of the goods in India.
- Sea shipments must be dispatched from the origin seaport within 1 month after the arrival of the owner of the goods in India.
- Shipments may arrive at the India airport / seaport 2 months prior to arrival of the owner of the goods; however, the shipment will be subject to demurrage or detention as applicable.
- Electronic items should be loaded in the front (opening side) of the container or lift-van
- A list of electronic items should be provided on a separate sheet.
Note: Customs regulations are the same throughout India. However, the regulations may be interpreted differently amongst the various Customs offices.
- Original passport
- Original manufacturer’s invoice
- Import license (unless coming to India on a Transfer of Residence)
- Insurance policy
- Certificate of title / registration
- Duty exemption certificate (diplomats)
Note: Not all ports / terminals in India are allowed to import cars. It is advisable to check with the destination agent / branch prior to shipping.
- The import of motor vehicles is a detailed, conditional and complicated procedure and is not recommended.
- Duties are generally higher than 200% of the value assessed by customs
- Diplomatic motor vehicles are allowed to be imported free of duty if covered by a duty exemption certificate issued by the Indian Ministry of External Affairs, subject to the Ministry approval.
- Individuals can bring (1) used imported car only if coming to India on ToR
- Motor vehicle must be in passengers ownership and possession for minimum 1 year prior to importation into India
- Only right-hand drive vehicles are allowed to be imported (excluding diplomats)
- Only cards that meet Euro III pollution norms are allowed (must have manufacturer’s certificate)
- Used vehicles can only be imported through the Customs port at Mumbai.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Advance NOC from the Animal Quarantine department in India
- Only one cat, dog or parrot may be imported by the passenger who is coming to India on Transfer or Residence
- New items are subject to duties (invoice must be supplied).
- Customs duties are approximately 16.50% to be levied on the following items:
- Televisions (Old technology
- Video home theatres
- Domestic Refrigerators above 300L or equivalent
- Deep freezers
- Video cameras
- Firearms, ammunition and weapons
- Restricted item must be included with the household goods shipment.
- A license must be obtained prior to import.
- Duplicate items or items in sums of excess of Rs. 150,000 (Rs. 500,000 in Delhi and Mumbai) are duties of approximately 36.01 to 61%.
- Import of foodstuffs / edibles varies between different cities throughout India. Foreign nationals may be allowed import of foodstuff up to Rs. 1,000,000 in a year.
- It is advisable to check with the respective destination agent and then include in the shipment.
- Plasma/LCD/LED Tvs of similar technology are dutiable at 38.5% duty whether used or new.
- Beef and beef products
- Narcotics, non-branded drugs and psychotropic substances
- Obscene literature, photographs or films
- Politically subversive literature
Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While MoversZone has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, MoversZone makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.
Moving from Dubai to India - FAQs
15000+ Happy Customers
Mr. Suresh Mirpuri Says
"Found this Amazing Company when Searching google for our Move and they have a simple pricing structure which is easy to follow and they were keenly priced.
They delivered the cartons in advance and on the day arrived on time and efficiently and carefully packed all our items and on delivery opened everything and reduced our unpacking time by over half. Well done to Ahmed and his team for a delightful experience.
And well down to Movers Zone for their services on this occasion. "
Review Source - Google - https://bit.ly/2YdIsnz
Owner, Galaxy Corner Mobile Phones LLC
Dr. Martin Ross Says
"The entire team was fantastic. They arrived at my apartment on time as promised. Immediately they started to disassemble all my furniture and took great care in wrapping everything.
My furniture was transferred from Al Ain to Dubai, unpacked and reassembled all in a single day. The entire move was finished by 6pm without me having to do anything. Great service!"
Review Source - Google - https://bit.ly/2OkqfA0
Dr. Martin Ross - Physician, Family Physicians / G.P. Doctors | General Practice | Mediclinic Hospital
Mr. John Bright Says
"Simply the best experience in moving. Lived in UAE for over 20 years with many moves and always found it stressful. Not any more. The most professional, organized and knowledgeable movers we have seen who not only ensured everything was packed for the move to keep the items clean and safe, but also had a plan and delivered perfect results. In the evening the family sat relaxed and very happy with no stress and the most smooth move ever. Well done guys and no doubt in recommending and using you again in the future."
Review Source - Google - https://bit.ly/2OkPtOJ
Business Development Director | Proserv Middle East
Mr. Jurgen Ellenbeck Says
"Today I moved with movers zone from 2Br to 3br. The guys packed everything.(lazy me). Including kitchen and white Ware, curtains, etc.
As well connecting in the new place.
Emptying all boxes.
On time, fast, clean, nothing broken.
Great team, great job. I can highly recommend this company.The best experience I ever had in Dubai"
Review Source - Google - https://bit.ly/2OkxZlu
General Manager | Bake n Cake LLC
Our Core Values
MoversZone brings customers and move service providers together to redesign the relocation experience and set new standards in the move market.