Reliable International Movers for Dubai to China
How It Works?
Share move details through Website/ WhatsApp / Call
Get free instant quotations for your move
Our consultant helps you book best move package
Track your shipments location and updates online
Popular Cities in China
China Moving Guide
- Original passport with residence permit (valid at least 12 months)
- Original work permit (valid at least 12 months)
- Packing inventory list in English or Chinese (diplomat list must be signed and itemized)
- Ocean bill of lading (OBL) / telex release / air waybill (AWB)
- Arrival notice (sea shipments)
- List of electronic items
- Baggage declaration form, if applicable (2 copies, matching identically)
- Alcohol / wine list
- Original passport with diplomatic visa (diplomats)
- Consulate officer certificate (diplomats)
- Import permit (consulate or embassy must apply for diplomats)
- Diplomatic card (diplomats)
- Pro-forma invoice (diplomats)
- All non-diplomatic household goods shipments are subject to import duties.
- There are no duties on diplomatic shipments.
- The import of personal effects must be arranged at least 6 months before the expiration of the residence permit.
- The import of any luxury or high-value items into Beijing must be declared to Customs and the owner of the goods must have documented proof of value (i.e. receipt):
- For foreigners any item over the value of RMB 5,000 (approximately US $730).
- For returning citizens any item lower than RMB 1,000 (approximately US $146).
- The import permit takes approximately 2-3 working days to process and is valid for 30 days after issuance.
- The baggage declaration form is required by some cities only.
- Contact agent for more information.
- Customs clearance for returning citizens takes approximately 10-12 business days.
- Chinese passport holders should contact the agent for restrictions on import shipments.
- It is recommended that each antique included in the shipment is photographed.
- Diplomatic shipments are exempt from inspection, duties, and taxes.
- If the owner of the goods has both, sea and air shipments, an import permit application for both shipments must be completed at the same time.
- If the owner of the goods imports an additional shipment (air or sea), all items in the shipment are subject to tax and duty.
- All electrical items must be clearly indicated on the inventory including; model, serial number and size.
- Only one sea and one air shipment are allowed per residence permit.
- Sea shipments take approximately 10-15 working days to clear Customs.
- Air shipments take approximately 3-5 working days to clear Customs.
- If gross weight is over 300 kg, it may take approximately 10-15 working days to clear Customs in some cities, e.g. Shanghai.
- Estimates are based on completed documentation available at the time of shipment arrival and for Customs clearance.
- Duty rates for air shipments are usually 30% higher than sea shipments.
- An official Customs duty receipt will be issued and provided to the owner of the goods upon delivery.
- Import duties for alcoholic beverages are extremely high and beverages are not recommended for inclusion in the shipment.
- It is recommended that food items, alcohol, cosmetics, health products, and toiletries are not included in air shipments to China.
- Business / tourist visas are issued for a maximum duration of stay for 30, 60, or 90 days as determined by the Chinese consulate overseas.
- Wood packaging material imported into China must be heat treated or fumigated with methyl bromide and properly marked according to ISPM-15 standards.
- If a shipper has previously imported a shipment into China, their new shipment will be subject to full customs duty.
- As of August 1, 2018, China accepts electronic documents from customs clearance.
Note: Customs regulations may differ between cities. It is important to contact agent for specific information prior to importation.
- Original purchase invoice / log book with chassis and engine number
- Details of the vehicle including brand name and style (e.g., sedan, SUV, color, vehicle identification number (VIN) number, etc.
- Import permit (diplomats)
- Only left-hand drive vehicles with no conversion can be imported.
- Only persons with diplomatic card / working for a joint venture / a wholly-owned foreign company can import motor vehicles.
- Automobiles manufactured prior to January 1, 2005, must comply with Euro IV standards and undergo environmental and mechanical inspections.
- The import of motor vehicles, including automobiles, is not recommended for non-diplomatic shipments.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
Note: The documentation for household goods and personal effects also applies to the importation of pets.
- Animals are subject 30 days quarantine upon arrival.
- Animals are subject to examination by an inspector at the owner of the goods’ residence in China within 30 days following arrival.
- A small fee is required for the examination of pets by an inspector.
- CDs, VCDs, DVDs, LDs, and videotapes may total no more than 100 items to import duty free; items are subject to inspection and will be returned approximately 4 weeks after clearance is completed.
- More than 20 pieces is dutiable for returning citizens.
- These items are subject to a Customs inspection of approximately 2-3 weeks.
- Personal computers with encryption capabilities require an approval of installed software prior to importation.
- Personal computers with simple password software, such as Microsoft products, contained in the household goods and personal effects shipment are generally acceptable.
- Antiques should be registered to avoid issues upon re-export in the future due to the strict regulations on Chinese Customs regarding the export of antiques.
- Milk powder and manufactured meat cannot be included in air shipments.
- Electrical appliances (duties of 20%)
- Books (a letter of explanation must be included and detail where the books were purchased, the total number, the book titles, and value of each, the subject matter etc., e.g., work, study. More than 10 books are dutiable (returning citizens).
- Food products must be dry goods, original canned or vacuum packed, in sealed packaging only.
- One small carton of food items may be included in air shipments and 2-3 small cartons for sea shipments.
- Food products are subject to duties of approximately 10% of the declared value.
- Customs reserves the right to levy higher duties and taxes on quantities deemed commercial.
- Duty rates apply to the items listed as follows:
Golf clubs 30% Furniture 15% Lamps 30%
- Firearms and ammunition
- Perishable food items (items containing the essence or extract from eggs are subject to confiscation or destruction)
- Pornographic materials
- Politically subversive materials
- Medicines and other items from epidemic stricken areas
- POE / AOE Chengdu: billiard and pool tables
- Fax / photocopy machines
- Grand and baby grand pianos (contact agent for specific information)
- Alcohol (Beijing)
Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While MoversZone has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, MoversZone makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.
Moving from Dubai to China - FAQs
15000+ Happy Customers
Mr. Suresh Mirpuri Says
"Found this Amazing Company when Searching google for our Move and they have a simple pricing structure which is easy to follow and they were keenly priced.
They delivered the cartons in advance and on the day arrived on time and efficiently and carefully packed all our items and on delivery opened everything and reduced our unpacking time by over half. Well done to Ahmed and his team for a delightful experience.
And well down to Movers Zone for their services on this occasion. "
Review Source - Google - https://bit.ly/2YdIsnz
Owner, Galaxy Corner Mobile Phones LLC
Dr. Martin Ross Says
"The entire team was fantastic. They arrived at my apartment on time as promised. Immediately they started to disassemble all my furniture and took great care in wrapping everything.
My furniture was transferred from Al Ain to Dubai, unpacked and reassembled all in a single day. The entire move was finished by 6pm without me having to do anything. Great service!"
Review Source - Google - https://bit.ly/2OkqfA0
Dr. Martin Ross - Physician, Family Physicians / G.P. Doctors | General Practice | Mediclinic Hospital
Mr. John Bright Says
"Simply the best experience in moving. Lived in UAE for over 20 years with many moves and always found it stressful. Not any more. The most professional, organized and knowledgeable movers we have seen who not only ensured everything was packed for the move to keep the items clean and safe, but also had a plan and delivered perfect results. In the evening the family sat relaxed and very happy with no stress and the most smooth move ever. Well done guys and no doubt in recommending and using you again in the future."
Review Source - Google - https://bit.ly/2OkPtOJ
Business Development Director | Proserv Middle East
Mr. Jurgen Ellenbeck Says
"Today I moved with movers zone from 2Br to 3br. The guys packed everything.(lazy me). Including kitchen and white Ware, curtains, etc.
As well connecting in the new place.
Emptying all boxes.
On time, fast, clean, nothing broken.
Great team, great job. I can highly recommend this company.The best experience I ever had in Dubai"
Review Source - Google - https://bit.ly/2OkxZlu
General Manager | Bake n Cake LLC
Our Core Values
MoversZone brings customers and move service providers together to redesign the relocation experience and set new standards in the move market.